Kicking off the first "Community Chat" session, Noon chats to Melbourne-based Hasura engineer Lyndon Maydwell (aka "sordina") about his journey into functional programming, and a recent blog post where Lyndon advocates for the philosophy of avoiding success at all costs via an incremental process.
Lyndon founded the Melbourne Haskell Meetup in 2013, has organised several workshops around teaching Haskell, is the President of the Melbourne Functional Programming Association and one of the Co-Founders and chief organisers behind the successful Compose :: Melbourne conference. Lyndon presently works at Hasura on the Cloud team.
- Succeeding While Avoiding Success at All Costs — Blog post about Hasura project run with a "avoid success at all costs" philosophy.
- Hasura — Instant GraphQL APIs.
- ~ Bows and Arrows ~ Composition as Expression — Lyndon's blog.
- Parse, Don't Validate — lexilambda's thoughts on how to think about functional programming.
- Christopher Alexander — An architect famous for promoting an "incremental" building style.
- Compose :: Conference — The overall website for the Compose :: Conference event.
- Melbourne Functional Programming Association Incorporated — Melbourne-based organisation for managing local events related to FP/Haskell.
- Coffin Corner — Don't get trapped here!
- Adobe Cold Fusion
- π-Base — Website from which Noon learned how to build a Haskell website, way back in the day!